The Hogland Series are a series of Subjotnian sedimentary rocks exposed in the island of Gogland, the Sommer Islands and the nearby sea bottom in the Gulf of Finland. The series encompass quartz-rich conglomerates and breccias plus some volcanic rocks of mafic composition in the form of lava flows and some more silica-rich igneous rocks including quartz-porphyry. The porphyries, which lie at the top the pile, share their origin with the rapakivi granites found nearby. An exhumed Subjotnian erosion surface is exposed on the island.
In north European geology, Jotnian sediments are a group of Precambrian rocks more specifically assigned to the Mesoproterozoic Era, albeit some might be younger. Jotnian sediments include the oldest known sediments in the Baltic area that have not been subject to metamorphism. Stratigraphically, Jotnian sediments overlie the rapakivi granites and other igneous and metamorphic rocks and are often intruded by younger diabases.
The Silesian is in the geologic timescale of Europe a series or epoch, a subdivision of the Carboniferous system or period. It was named for Silesia, a region that stretches over the Czech Republic, Poland and Germany.
The Stephanian is a stage in the regional stratigraphy of northwest Europe with an age between roughly 304 and 299 Ma. It is a subdivision of the Carboniferous system or period and the regional Silesian series. The uppermost units of the Coal Measures of England and Wales are probably of Stephanian age, though the larger part of this formation is referred to the earlier Westphalian. The stage derives its name from the city of Saint-Etienne for its coal mining basin in eastern central France where strata of this age occur. In the official geologic timescale of the ICS, the Stephanian is pla ...
Sularp Brook, near Fågelsång, Skåne, Sweden, is the location of the Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point which marks the boundary between the Middle and Late epochs of the Ordovician period on the geologic time scale. The first appearance of the graptolite Nemagraptus gracilis defines the boundary. The rock section consists primarily of dark-gray shale and mudstone, except for a phosphorite marker bed 1.4 m above the GSSP, and was probably deposited at a water depth exceeding 100 m. Drill cores have revealed almost identical stratigraphy across an area several km wide. Due to heati ...
The Westphalian is a stage in the regional stratigraphy of northwest Europe with an age between roughly 313 and 304 Ma. It is a subdivision of the Carboniferous system or period and the regional Silesian series. The Westphalian is named for the region of Westphalia in western Germany where strata of this age occur. The Coal Measures of England and Wales are also largely of Westphalian age though they also extend into the succeeding Stephanian. The Westphalian age is preceded by the Namurian stage/age which corresponds to the Millstone Grit Series of Great Britain and succeeded by the Steph ...
ⓘ Stratigraphy of Europe
- Stratigraphy is a branch of geology concerned with the study of rock layers strata and layering stratification It is primarily used in the study
- A group in stratigraphy is a lithostratigraphic unit, a part of the geologic record or rock column that consists of defined rock strata. Groups are generally
- scales for the Carboniferous at the website of the Norwegian network of offshore records of geology and stratigraphy Visean, Geowhen Database The Visean age
- lower Carboniferous stages, the Tournaisian is a unit from West European regional stratigraphy that is now used in the official international time scale. The
- in the regional stratigraphy of northwest Europe with an age between roughly 326 and 313 Ma million years ago It is a subdivision of the Carboniferous
- established by the International Commission on Stratigraphy ICS of the International Union of Geological Sciences. As of 2008, the ICS is nearly finished a task
- subdivision of the Permian system. The Gzhelian is more or less coeval with the Stephanian stage of the regional stratigraphy of Europe The Gzhelian
- Sequence stratigraphy is a branch of geology that attempts to subdivide and link sedimentary deposits into unconformity bound units on a variety of scales
- in the regional stratigraphy of northwest Europe with an age between roughly 304 and 299 Ma million years ago It is a subdivision of the Carboniferous
- in the regional stratigraphy of northwest Europe with an age between roughly 313 and 304 Ma million years ago It is a subdivision of the Carboniferous
- lower part of the Namurian stage of European stratigraphy and the middle and upper parts of the Chesterian stage of North American stratigraphy The Serpukhovian
- to 346.7 mya The lower two come from European stratigraphy the top from Russian stratigraphy Besides Europe and Russia, there are many local subdivisions
- authored reference works on the stratigraphy of Eastern Europe in particular the fossil coral records, and created the concept of Vendian period, currently
- Commission on Stratigraphy International Commission of Stratigraphy PDF Stratigraphy org. International Commission of Stratigraphy Retrieved 15
- periods of the present eon the Phanerozoic are defined by the International Commission on Stratigraphy ICS by reference to the stratigraphy at particular
- based on the presence of specific fossils biozone or biochronozone According to the International Commission on Stratigraphy the term chronozone
- subcommission of International Commission on Stratigraphy ICS. NorgesNetwork.no: Stratigraphic chart of the Paleogene Period - Norwegian records of offshore
- upper Badenian stages of the Paratethys time scale of Central and eastern Europe The Serravallian stage was introduced in stratigraphy by the Italian geologist
- In the stratigraphy sub - discipline of geology, a Global Standard Stratigraphic Age, abbreviated GSSA, is a chronological reference point and criterion
- International Subcommission on Permian Stratigraphy in 1996. The Cisuralian Epoch is named after the western slopes of the Ural Mountains in Russia and Kazakhstan
no need to download or install
Pino - logical board game which is based on tactics and strategy. In general this is a remix of chess, checkers and corners. The game develops imagination, concentration, teaches how to solve tasks, plan their own actions and of course to think logically. It does not matter how much pieces you have, the main thing is how they are placement!online intellectual game →