The currency in the most narrow sense is money ...
Architecture is both the process and product of...
The city is a large settlements. It can be defi...
Language is a structured system of communicatio...
The writing system is a way for visual represen...
Tourism is travel for fun or business, as well ...
Travel is the movement of people between distant geographical locations. The journey can be done on foot, Bicycle, automobile, train, boat, bus, airplane, ship and other means, with or without Luggage, and can be one-way or round-trip. Travel can also include relatively short period of time between successive movements, as in the case of tourism.
1. Etymology. (Этимология)
The origin of the word "travel" is likely lost to history. The term "travel" may originate from the old French word travail, which means work. According to Merriam Webster dictionary, the first known use of the word travel was in 14th century. He also States that the word comes from middle English travailen, travelen and earlier from old French "terminological dictionary which means to work strenuously, work hard. In English we still occasionally use the words "exploit" what it means to fight. According to Simon Winchester in his book the Best travelers tales, 2004, the words "travel" and "exploit" both share an even more ancient root: a Roman instrument of torture called the tripalium in Latin it means "three stakes", as to chop. This relationship may reflect the extreme difficulty of travel in ancient times. A journey in modern times may or may not be much easier depending upon the destination. During the journey to Everest, the Amazon rainforest, extreme tourism and adventure tourism more complex forms of movement. Travel can also be more complex depending on the method of travel, e.g., bus, cruise ship, or even on the cart.
2. The purpose and motivation. (Цель и мотивация)
Reasons for traveling recreation, tourism or vacation, research trips, gathering information, visiting people, volunteer travel for charity, migration to begin life somewhere else, religious pilgrimages and mission trips, business travel, trade, transportation, and other causes, for example, to receive medical care, or is in or fleeing war for the enjoyment of travel. Travelers can use human-powered transportation such as walking or Cycling, or vehicles such as public transport, automobiles, trains and airplanes.
Motives to travel include:
- Intercultural communication. (Межкультурная коммуникация)
- Of discovery and exploration.
- Relaxation. (Релаксация)
- Taking personal time for building interpersonal relationships.
- Fun. (Удовольствие)
3. The history of travel. (История путешествий)
Dates back to ancient times, when wealthy Greeks and Romans would go on holiday in their summer houses and villas in cities like Pompeii and baiae. While in the beginning, as a rule, slower, more dangerous and more dominated by trade and migration, cultural and technical progress for many years generally means that travel has become easier and more affordable. Humanity has come a long way in transport since Christopher Columbus sailed to the New world from Spain in 1492 expedition, which took over 10 weeks to arrive at its final destination, in the 21st century where planes allow you to travel from Spain to the US overnight.
Travel in the middle Ages suggested difficulties and problems, however, it is important for the economy and society. In the wholesale segment is dependent for example on the merchants dealing / via caravans or sea-travellers, end users, retailers often demand services of many itinerant peddlers wandering from village to village, gyrovagues, wandering monks and friars brought theology and pastoral support for neglected areas of travelling minstrels practiced endless tour, and the army went in various Crusades and various other wars. Pilgrimages were common in the European and the Islamic world is involved and the flows of passengers in local Canterbury tales-style, and at the international level.
In the late 16th century it became fashionable for young European aristocrats and wealthy upper class men to travel in large European cities as part of their education in the field of art and literature. It was a so-called Grand tour, it included such cities as London, Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome. However, the French revolution brought an end to a Great tour.
The travel by water often provided more comfort and speed than the Earth is to travel, at least until the advent of railroads in the 19th century. Travel for tourism is reported to have begun about this time when people began to travel for pleasure, as travel was no longer a hard and challenging task. It was capitalized on people like Thomas cook sells travel packages, where the trains and hotels were booked together. Airships and planes took over a large part of the role of long-distance surface travel in the 20th century, especially after world war II, where there was more of both aircraft and pilots.
4. Geographical types. (Географические типы)
Travel may be local, regional, national, domestic or international. In some countries local internal travel may require an internal passport, while international travel typically requires a passport and visa. The trip can also be part of the "round-trip", which is a particular type of travel whereby a person moves from one place to another and back.
5. Travel safety. (Путешествия безопасности)
Authorities emphasize the importance of taking precautions to ensure travel safety. When traveling abroad, the odds favor a safe and trouble-free trip, however, travelers can be subject to difficulties, crime and violence. Some security best practices include being aware of ones surroundings, avoiding being the object of the crime, leaving copies of those passports and route data with trusted people, obtaining medical insurance valid in the country being visited and registering with the national Embassy when arriving in a foreign country. Many countries do not recognize a drivers license from other countries however most countries accept international driving license. Automobile insurance policies issued in their own country are often invalid in foreign countries, and it is often a requirement to obtain temporary auto insurance valid in the visited country. Preferably also oriented with the driving-rules and regulations of the destination country. Wearing a seat belt is strongly recommended for security reasons, in many countries the penalties for violation of the laws of seat belts.
There are three main statistics which can be used to compare the security of different types of tourism based on a survey of MOST in October 2000:
- The genre of travel literature encompasses outdoor literature, guide books, nature writing, and travel memoirs. One early travel memoirist in Western
- A travel website is a website that is dedicated to travel The site may be focused on travel reviews, trip fares, or a combination of both. Over 1.5 billion
- A travel agency is a private retailer or public service that provides travel and tourism - related services to the general public on behalf of suppliers
- adverts for travel agencies, and documentaries, with Sky Travel Shop being the adverts for travel agencies. Sky Travel Shop relaunched as Sky Travel when Sky
- Travel behavior is the study of what people do over space, and how people use transport. The questions studied in travel behavior are broad, and are probed
- Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while
- A travel document is an identity document issued by a government or international treaty organization to facilitate the movement of individuals or small
- Time travel is the concept of movement between certain points in time, analogous to movement between different points in space by an object or a person
- Travel Leisure is a travel magazine based in New York City, New York. Published 12 times a year, it has 4.8 million readers, according to its corporate
- A refugee travel document also called a 1951 Convention travel document or Geneva passport is a travel document issued to a refugee by the state in which
- Travel Channel International is a commercial television channel owned by Discovery, Inc. and broadcasting travel - themed programmes in the EMEA regions
- Time travel is a common theme in fiction and has been depicted in a variety of media, such as literature, television, film, and advertisements. The concept
- fiction involving time travel where time travel is central to the plot or the premise of the work. For stories of time travel in antiquity, see the history
- 38 57 44.7 N 77 5 6.8 W 38.962417 N 77.085222 W 38.962417 - 77.085222 Travel Channel stylized as Trvl Channel since 2018 is an American pay television
- A travel warning, travel alert, or travel advisory is an official warning statement issued by government agencies to provide information about the relative
- Travel Guard is a North American travel insurance provider. It specializes in providing travel insurance, assistance and emergency travel service plans
- ICT in the travel tourism and hospitality industry. Some forms of travel technology are flight tracking, trip planning through online travel agencies
- ABTA is a UK travel trade association for tour operators and travel agents. Previously known as Association of British Travel Agents, its name was changed
- Corporate travel management CTM is the function of managing a company s strategic approach to travel travel policy the negotiations with all vendors
- A travel documentary is a documentary film, television program, or online series that describes travel in general or tourist attractions without recommending
- Interstellar travel is crewed or uncrewed travel between stars or planetary systems. Interstellar travel would be much more difficult than interplanetary
- ticketing system of the British rail network, a Permit to Travel provisionally allows passengers to travel on a train when they have not purchased a ticket in
- Travel medicine or emporiatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the prevention and management of health problems of international travelers.
- This is a list of notable travel and tourism magazines: Afar 2009 Arthur Frommer s Budget Travel 1999 published by Intellitravel Media British Columbia
- channel is known as Travel and Living Channel. It features travel shows rather than the documentaries on Discovery Science. Discovery Travel Living was launched
- The World Travel Monitor WTM European Travel Monitor ETM is a worldwide tourism information system detailing the foreign outbound travel behaviour
- Have Gun Will Travel is an American Western series that was produced and originally broadcast by CBS on both television and radio from 1957 through 1963
- Air travel is a form of travel in vehicles such as helicopters, hot air balloons, blimps, gliders, hang glider, parachuting, airplanes, jet aircraft, or
- Forbes Travel Guide formerly known as Mobil Guide or Mobil Travel Guide is a star rating service and online travel guide for hotels, restaurants and
- Intergalactic travel is hypothetical crewed or uncrewed travel between galaxies. Due to the enormous distances between our own galaxy the Milky Way and
best places to travel 2019 costco travel expedia google travel travel sites travel websites travelocity currency foreign exchange foreign currency foreign exchange exchange rates foreign currency exchange rates travels money travel foreign exchange rate currencies currency exchange rates rate that best place best place to buy foreign exchange rate banks buy foreign buy foreign currency online travel currency travel money foreign money travelling foreign currencies online near