The American League of Professional Baseball Clubs, or simply the American League, is one of two leagues that make up Major League Baseball in the United States and Canada. It developed from the Western League, a minor league based in the Great Lakes states, which eventually aspired to major league status. It is sometimes called the Junior Circuit because it claimed Major League status for the 1901 season, 25 years after the formation of the National League. At the end of every season, the American League champion plays in the World Series against the National League champion; two seasons ...
The National League of Professional Baseball Clubs, known simply as the National League, is the older of two leagues constituting Major League Baseball in the United States and Canada, and the worlds oldest current professional team sports league. Founded on February 2, 1876, to replace the National Association of Professional Base Ball Players of 1871–1875, the NL is sometimes called the Senior Circuit, in contrast to MLBs other league, the American League, which was founded 25 years later and is called the "Junior Circuit". Both leagues currently have 15 teams. After two years of conflic ...
Bassin Peel station is a planned Reseau express metropolitain station in the borough of Le Sud-Ouest in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It is planned to be operated by CDPQ Infra and serve as a station on the South Shore branch of the REM. The station was planned to be elevated, however, recent reports have suggested that the station will be below grade and passing under the St Lawrence River in an attempt to allow for future development on the surface. Speculation was that the Peel Basin will serve as the future site for an MLB baseball stadium in an attempt to bring the Expos back to Montreal. ...
The Giants–Yankees rivalry is a Major League Baseball rivalry between the San Francisco Giants of the National League and the New York Yankees of the American League. It was particularly intense when both teams not only inhabited New York City but also, for a time, the same ball park. During that era the opportunities for them to meet could only have been in a World Series. Both teams kicked off the first Subway Series between the two leagues in 1921.
Historic Dodgertown is a multi-sport facility in Vero Beach, Florida where athletes of all ages and skill levels have the opportunity to train, play, and stay together. The facility which includes the historic Holman Stadium was originally created as a Navy housing base, and was transformed into the home of Spring Training for the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team. It has since evolved into a multi-sport destination that includes an option of room and board via their on-site villas.
The Major League Baseball Scouting Bureau is a centralized scouting resource that operates under the auspices of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball. Headquartered in Ontario, California, the MLBSBs efforts supplement the independent, proprietary amateur and professional scouting operations of the 30 Major League Baseball clubs. In 2012, the MLBSB employed 34 full-time and 13 part-time scouts in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. In 2010, it announced plans to expand its activities beyond Puerto Rico to other countries in Latin America. According to MLB.com, the MLBSBs scout ...
The MLB Fan Cave was a building on 4th Street and Broadway in New York, designed by Paul DiMeo, where baseball fans, selected by Major League Baseball as part of its Dreamjob program, were tasked with watching every baseball game in the entire year. According to Major League Baseball, The MLB Fan Cave grew out of our desire to address three specific areas in which we saw opportunity for growth: engaging with fans via social media, both at the league level and through players; reaching younger fans and converting casual baseball fans into more avid followers; and raising the profile of our ...
MLB Industry Growth Fund is a pool of money collected by Major League Baseball. The purpose of the Industry Growth Fund is, essentially, to promote Major League Baseball. Specifically, there are three goals; to enhance fan interest in the game, to increase baseballs popularity, and to ensure industry growth into the 21st century. It was created as part of the Major League Baseball Collective Bargaining Agreement in 1997. The IGF is managed by a seven-member board of directors. The board of directors meets in person at least three times per year. Funding for the IGF comes, primarily, from t ...
The Major League Baseball season schedule consists of 162 games for each of the 30 teams in the American League and National League, played over approximately six months - a total of 2.430 games, plus the postseason. The regular season runs from late March/early April to late September/early October, followed by the postseason which can run to early November. The season begins with the official Opening Day, and, as of 2018, runs 26½ weeks through the last Sunday of September or first Sunday of October. One or more International Opener games may be scheduled outside the United States before ...
The Echoing Green: The Untold Story of Bobby Thomson, Ralph Branca and the Shot Heard Round the World is a nonfiction book written by Joshua Prager and originally published by Pantheon Books in 2006. The book centers on the 1951 Giants scheme to read opposing catchers finger signals relayed from catcher to pitcher with a telescope in the center-field clubhouse during the latter part of the 1951 MLB season. This led to baseballs famous Shot Heard Round the World, when Bobby Thomson hit a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth inning against Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Ralph Branca, resulti ...
ⓘ Major League Baseball
- Major League Baseball MLB is a professional baseball organization. It is the oldest of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and
- 1912 Major League Baseball season. Harper s Weekly conducted a detailed accounting of the expenses of Major League clubs, and came up with a figure of
- High Heat Major League Baseball was a series of baseball video games, released on PlayStation, Xbox, PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows. There were six
- broadcast and cable rights fees, and announcers who have called Major League Baseball games throughout the years from the late 1930s through the present
- Rivalries in the Major League Baseball have occurred between many teams and cities. Rivalries have arisen for many different reasons, the primary ones
- This list consists of players who have appeared in Major League Baseball Note that the list also includes players who appeared in the National Association
- is a list of Major League Baseball stadiums, their locations, their first year of usage and home teams. The newest Major League Baseball MLB ballpark
- The 2005 Major League Baseball season was notable for the league s new steroid policy in the wake of the BALCO scandal, which enforced harsher penalties
- The 2007 Major League Baseball season began on April 1 with a rematch of the 2006 National League Championship Series the St. Louis Cardinals and New
- The Major League Baseball postseason is an elimination tournament held after the conclusion of the MLB regular season. Since 2012, the playoffs for each
- Major League Baseball on NBC is the de facto branding for weekly broadcasts of Major League Baseball MLB games produced by NBC Sports, and televised
- of Major League Baseball players who have reached the 1, 000 runs batted in RBIs milestone. RBIs are usually accumulated by a batter in baseball by successfully
- draft is Major League Baseball s primary mechanism for assigning amateur baseball players from high schools, colleges, and other amateur baseball clubs to
- The 1994 Major League Baseball season ended on August 11, 1994, with the 1994 95 Major League Baseball strike. It was the first season played under the
- the 288 Major League Baseball players who have reached the 2, 000 hit milestone during their career in MLB. Pete Rose holds the Major League record for
- The 1947 Major League Baseball season, on opening day, the New York Giants were at the Phillies, the Yankees were home in the Bronx against the Philadelphia
- Major League Baseball presents a variety of annual awards and trophies to recognize both its teams and its players. Three team trophies are awarded annually:
- The Major League Baseball Players Association or MLBPA is the collective bargaining representative for all current Major League Baseball players. All
- The Major League Baseball Game of the Week GOTW is the de facto title for nationally televised coverage of regular season Major League Baseball games
- The 2009 Major League Baseball season began on April 5, 2009, the regular season was extended two days for a one - game playoff between the Detroit Tigers
- The 2003 Major League Baseball season ended when the Florida Marlins defeated the New York Yankees in a six - game World Series. The Detroit Tigers set
- This is a list of Major League Baseball hit records. Bolded names mean the player is still active and playing. Where possible, hitting streaks that extend
- participated in the Major League Baseball MLB postseason, the elimination tournament conducted after the regular season by which Major League Baseball determines
- This is a complete listing of Major League Baseball MLB postseason series, grouped by franchise. Series featuring relocated teams are kept with their
- all Major League Baseball MLB players with 1, 000 or more career runs scored. Players in bold face are active as of the 2018 Major League Baseball season
- Major League Baseball records are the superlative statistics of Major League Baseball MLB These include: List of Major League Baseball career records
- ESPN Major League Baseball is a presentation of Major League Baseball on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN s MLB coverage debuted on April 9, 1990 with three Opening
- In Major League Baseball MLB the wild card teams are the two teams in each of the two leagues American and National that have qualified for the postseason
- The 1993 Major League Baseball season was the final season of two - division play in each league before the Central Division was added the following season
- The 2002 Major League Baseball season finished with two wild - card teams, the Anaheim Angels defeating the San Francisco Giants in seven games, for the
Bassin Peel station
Major League Baseball Scouting Bureau
MLB Fan Cave
MLB Industry Growth Fund
Major League Baseball schedule
The Echoing Green (book)
Users also searched:
american league, baseball, leagues, mlb shop, mlb одежда, mlb, teams, baseball leagues, League, одежда, major, league, кепка, American, shop, mlb teams, American League, national league, national, National, National League, north, england, vanarama, national league table, football, uefa, england national league, table, south,