Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 27

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 27


                                               

Oatsville, Indiana

                                               

Ober, Indiana

Ober was laid out in 1889, and was named after Ober Heath, an early settler. A post office was established at Ober in 1883, and remained in operation until 1976.

                                               

Odell, Indiana

Odell is a small unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Tippecanoe County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Ogden, Indiana

Ogden was originally called Middletown, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1829. When it was discovered that nearby Middletown, Henry County, Indiana had been platted two months prior, the town was renamed in honor of an engine ...

                                               

Old Tip Town, Indiana

Old Tip Town is located on the Tippecanoe River. Potawatomi Wildlife Park is located approximately one mile northeast of town and is home to many species of wildlife, including geese, ducks, frogs, turtles, rabbits, gray squirrels and deer. Old c ...

                                               

Olive, Indiana

                                               

Oliver, Indiana

A post office was established at Oliver in 1883, and remained in operation until 1934. Several members of the Oliver family served as early postmasters.

                                               

Ontario, Indiana

Ontario was laid out in 1837. The community took its name from Lake Ontario. A post office opened at Ontario in 1846, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1943.

                                               

Orangeville, DeKalb County, Indiana

                                               

Orchard Grove, Indiana

Orchard Grove is an unincorporated community in Cedar Creek Township, Lake County, Indiana. A post office was established at Orchard Grove in 1854, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

                                               

Oriole, Indiana

A post office was established at Oriole in 1890, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1967. The community was named after the New World oriole.

                                               

Ormas, Indiana

Ormas was founded in 1856. The communitys name honors Ormas Jones, an early settler. A post office was established at Ormas in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

                                               

Orrville, Indiana

A post office was established at Orrville in 1895, and it remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904. Two members of the Orr family served as postmasters.

                                               

Osborn Landing, Indiana

                                               

Oswego, Indiana

Oswego was laid out in 1837. It was named after Oswego, New York. A post office was established at Oswego in 1840, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1935.

                                               

Otis, Indiana

Settled in 1851, the town was named Salem Crossing by the Michigan Southern Railroad along whose tracks the community grew. By the time the village was platted in 1870, it was called LaCroix, courtesy of the Monon. The town served as an important ...

                                               

Otsego Center, Indiana

                                               

Otter Creek Junction, Indiana

Otter Creek Junction is an unincorporated community in Otter Creek Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute metropolitan area.

                                               

Packerton, Indiana

Packerton was laid out as a town in 1882 by John C. Packer, when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office was established at Packerton in 1881, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1926. The community is the namesa ...

                                               

Page, Indiana

                                               

Palmer, Indiana

Palmer is an unincorporated community in Winfield Township, Lake County, Indiana. A 2003 article in The Times described the town as "home to 57 residents, 19 homes". A sign on Randolph street near the entrance to the town describes the population ...

                                               

Panama, Indiana

                                               

Paradise, Indiana

Paradise is an unincorporated community in Ohio Township, Warrick County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is located north of Newburgh in the center portion of the township. Mail for this community is addressed to Newburgh, Indiana using the 476 ...

                                               

Parkersburg, Indiana

Parkersburg was platted by Thomas Arnett and Noble Welch in 1837. It was named for its first postmaster, Nathaniel Parker. A post office was established at Parkersburg in 1835, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1903.

                                               

Parkview, Indiana

Parkview is an unincorporated community in northern Harrison Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. Now within the boundaries of the city of Terre Haute, it is also part of the Terre Haute metropolitan area.

                                               

Parr, Indiana

Parr was made a station on the railroad built through that territory in the early 1880s. A post office was established at Parr in 1893, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1968.

                                               

Patronville, Indiana

A post office was established at Patronville in 1875, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904. Edward P. Harrison was an early postmaster.

                                               

Peabody, Indiana

Peabody was named after James Peabody, a local businessman. A post office was established at Peabody in 1883, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1923.

                                               

Pelzer, Indiana

A post office was established at Pelzer in 1898, and remained in operation until 1900. The community bears the name of a family of settlers. Frederick William Pelzer, a local Warrick County farmer, immigrated from Germany in 1860.

                                               

Pembroke, Indiana

                                               

Penn Park, Indiana

                                               

Pennyville, Indiana

                                               

Peoria, Miami County, Indiana

Peoria was laid out in 1845 by Isaac Litzenberger. Litzenberger soon opened a store. When the railroad was built in Miami County, it was not extended to Peoria, and the town declined. Peoria was named for the Peoria Clan, a subgroup of the Miami ...

                                               

Percy Junction, Indiana

                                               

Perkins, Indiana

                                               

Perkinsville, Indiana

Perkinsville was laid out in 1837, and named for William Parkins different spelling, an early settler. Perkinsville contained a post office from 1844 until 1912.

                                               

Perryville, Indiana

                                               

Pershing, Indiana

Pershing is an unincorporated community in northern Rochester Township, Fulton County, Indiana, United States. It lies along County Road 400W, northwest of the city of Rochester, the county seat of Fulton County. Its elevation is 751 feet, and it ...

                                               

Peterson, Indiana

Peterson was named for Smith Peterson, who was instrumental in bringing the railroad to the settlement. A post office was established at Peterson in 1880, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1940.

                                               

Petroleum, Indiana

Petroleum was platted in 1894, and is so named because it was laid out in an oil field. The post office at Petroleum has been in operation since 1894.

                                               

Phenix, Indiana

                                               

Philip Station, Indiana

                                               

Pickard, Indiana

Pickard is an unincorporated community in Sugar Creek Township, Clinton County, Indiana. The town is named for Jacob Pickard who operated a sawmill at the site.

                                               

Pickwick Park, Indiana

                                               

Pigeon, Indiana

A post office was established at Pigeon in 1883, and remained in operation until 1920. The community took its name from the nearby Little Pigeon Creek.

                                               

Pikeville, Indiana

Pikeville was laid out in 1859. The community took its name from Pike County. A post office was established at Pikeville in 1867, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1938.

                                               

Pimento, Indiana

Pimento is an unincorporated community in Linton Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area. Pimento has one listing on the National Register of Historic Places, the Linton Tow ...

                                               

Pine Ridge, Indiana

Pine Ridge is an unincorporated community in Fayette Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Terre Haute metropolitan area. The Pine Ridge Mine Pond reservoir is located in Pine Ridge.

                                               

Pine Station, Indiana

Pine Station is an unincorporated community in Union Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Pinhook, LaPorte County, Indiana

Pinhook was originally called New Durham. It was platted under the latter name in 1847. Pinhook was at first a derisive nickname given by a neighboring rival town, but it was eventually adopted by the residents of Pinhook themselves.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation