Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 167

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 167



                                               

Northridge, Montgomery County, Ohio

Northridge is an unincorporated community in Harrison Township in Montgomery County, Ohio, United States. It was delineated as a census-designated place for the 2000 census, at which time its population was 8.487. It was not delineated as a CDP f ...

                                               

Olivesburg, Ohio

Olivesburg is an unincorporated community in northeastern Weller Township, Richland County, Ohio, United States. It is part of the Mansfield Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town is on the bank of the Whetstone Creek, about two miles north of i ...

                                               

Ottokee, Ohio

The Fulton County Airport, KUSE was established on the north border of Ottokee in 1967. It is now the site of a cluster of government functions, including the Dog Warden and the Fulton County Highway Department.

                                               

Owens, Ohio

Owens is an unincorporated community in Marion County, in the U.S. state of Ohio. The community was named for John Owens, a businessperson in the mining industry. Owens developed around Owens Quarry, a limestone quarry and crusher plant near Mari ...

                                               

Pekin, Ohio

Pekin is an unincorporated community in Clearcreek Township, Warren County, Ohio, United States, at the intersection of State Route 48 and Pekin Road. Pekin is approximately 3 miles south of Springboro and 7 miles northwest of Lebanon. A post off ...

                                               

Peoria, Ohio

Peoria is an unincorporated community in Liberty Township, Union County, Ohio, United States. It is located at 40°18′50″N 83°26′45″W, along Raymond Road, about 1.75 miles south of Raymond and 6.5 miles northwest of Marysville. A post office was e ...

                                               

Richfield Center, Ohio

A post office called Richfield Centre was established in 1874, the name was changed to Richfield Center in 1893, and the post office closed in 1901. The community is located in Richfield Township, from which it takes its name. In 1910, Richfield ...

                                               

Rosedale, Ohio

Rosedale is an unincorporated community in central Pike Township, Madison County, Ohio, United States, and roughly thirty miles west of the city of Columbus. The ZIP code is 43029 and mail is currently delivered by the Irwin post office.

                                               

Rush Run, Ohio

Rush Run is an unincorporated community in Warren Township, Jefferson County, Ohio, United States. It is mainly around the area of Rush Run Road also known as County Road 17. It is named for David Rush who settled in that area in 1798. It is not ...

                                               

San Mar Gale, Ohio

San Mar Gale is an unincorporated community and was a planned development by the Hines-Griffin Land Development Company in the Turtlecreek and Wayne Townships of Warren County, Ohio, United States. This 2500+ home planned unit development was app ...

                                               

Sharon Center, Ohio

Sharon Center is an unincorporated community in Medina County, Ohio, United States. It is centered at the intersection of Ohio state routes 94 and 162 in Sharon Township This intersection is actually a large traffic circle with a park in the cent ...

                                               

Shiloh, Montgomery County, Ohio

Shiloh is a census-designated place in Harrison Township in Montgomery County, Ohio, United States. It was delineated as a census-designated place at the 2000 census, at which time its population was 11.272. It was not delineated as a CDP at the ...

                                               

Townwood, Ohio

                                               

Tymochtee, Ohio

A post office called Tymochtee was in operation between 1823 and 1894. The community takes its name from nearby Tymochtee Creek. Tymochtee is a name derived from the Wyandot language meaning "stream around the plains".

                                               

Unionport, Ohio

Unionport is a small unincorporated community in Jefferson County, Ohio. It is best known as the birthplace of millionaire, Helen Brach, who was the center of media attention in 1977, when she disappeared. Unionport is located on the banks of the ...

                                               

Vaughnsville, Ohio

Vaughnsville is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in southern Sugar Creek Township, Putnam County, Ohio, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 45893. It lies along State Rou ...

                                               

Winfield, Ohio

Winfield is an unincorporated community in Franklin Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio, United States. It is on State Route 516 between Dover and Dundee.

                                               

Woodbourne-Hyde Park, Ohio

Woodbourne-Hyde Park is an unincorporated area in Washington Township in Montgomery County, Ohio, United States. It was delineated as a census-designated place at the 2000 census, at which time its population was 7.910. It was not delineated as a ...

                                               

Yondota, Ohio

                                               

Avard, Oklahoma

Avard was a town in Woods County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 26 at the 2000 census and is sometimes considered a ghost town. After initial growth Avard began declining in the 1930s. Avard had a post office from June 1, 1895, unti ...

                                               

Babbs, Oklahoma

Babbs is a small rural community in Kiowa County, Oklahoma. It was named for Edith "Babbs" Babcock. Babbs is 6 miles SSE of Hobart, Oklahoma, and its elevation is 1.535 feet. Babbs was the scene of the nationally known Babbs Switch Fire on Decemb ...

                                               

Baron, Oklahoma

Baron is an unincorporated community in rural Adair County, Oklahoma, United States, located along U.S. Route 59 between Westville and Stilwell. It was built on the West Branch of the Baron Fork of the Illinois River, a tributary of the Arkansas ...

                                               

Berryhill, Oklahoma

Berryhill is a small unincorporated community in Tulsa County, Oklahoma, west of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and about four square miles in area. It is located south of the Arkansas River and north of West 41st Street South, and between South 71st West Aven ...

                                               

Blanton, Oklahoma

Blanton is an unincorporated community in Garfield County, Oklahoma, United States. It was a rail stop for two rail lines, one of which used to transport grain until the mid-1990s. It was named after Denver, Enid and Gulf Railroad executive W. B. ...

                                               

Bromide Junction, Oklahoma

Bromide Junction is an unincorporated community in Johnston County, Oklahoma. It was a stop on the Kansas, Oklahoma and Gulf Railway line from Joplin, Missouri to Denison, Texas. A 4-mile branch line, which was built by the Missouri, Oklahoma, an ...

                                               

Bryans Corner, Oklahoma

Bryans Corner is an unincorporated place in Beaver County, Oklahoma, United States. It is located at the intersection of US-83 and US-412/SH-3 in the southwest part of the county. It is nine miles north of the Texas state line and 18 miles south ...

                                               

Carpenter, Oklahoma

Carpenter is an unincorporated community in Roger Mills and Custer counties in the state of Oklahoma, United States. The community is eight miles north of Elk City, Oklahoma. It was named in commemoration of Benjamin Carpenter, an early settler o ...

                                               

Dela, Oklahoma

Dela is an unincorporated community in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma six miles southeast of Antlers. It is within the jurisdiction of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. A United States Post Office operated here from May 12, 1920 to October 31, 1954. T ...

                                               

Driftwood, Oklahoma

Driftwood is a small unincorporated community in northern Alfalfa County, Oklahoma, United States. A formerly prosperous small rural community, at one time it had two churches, a grocery store, barber shop, gas station with repair shop, grain ele ...

                                               

Folsom, Oklahoma

Folsom is an unincorporated community in Johnston County, Oklahoma. A post office operated in Folsom from 1894 to 1955. The town was named after David Folsom, who was a well-known Chickasaw.

                                               

Frogville, Oklahoma

Frogville is a small unincorporated community in Choctaw County, Oklahoma. The post office was established on October 29, 1897, and closed on August 15, 1933. Frogville was named for the abundance of frogs in the area said to be so large they ate ...

                                               

Hochatown, Oklahoma

Hochatown is a community in McCurtain County, Oklahoma, United States, the second to hold the name after the first was flooded by the damming of the Mountain Fork River to create Broken Bow Lake. The city lies within the Little Dixie region of Ok ...

                                               

Honobia, Oklahoma

Honobia is an unincorporated community on the border between western LeFlore County and eastern Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, United States, 15 miles southeast of Talihina.

                                               

Ingalls, Oklahoma

Ingalls is a ghost town in eastern Payne County, Oklahoma, about 10 miles east of Stillwater. The town was settled as a result of the "Unassigned Lands" land run in 1889, and had a post office from January 22, 1890, until October 31, 1907. It was ...

                                               

Jumbo, Oklahoma

A United States Post Office was established for Jumbo, Indian Territory on November 8, 1906. The post office took its name from the Jumbo Asphalt Company, a prominent local employer. Prior to Oklahomas statehood, Jumbo was located in Jacks Fork C ...

                                               

Kellond, Oklahoma

Kellond is an unincorporated community and former railroad station in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma. Kellond is located approximately three miles northwest of Antlers on Oklahoma State Highway 2. The school building had two classrooms separated by ...

                                               

Lebanon, Oklahoma

Lebanon is census-designated place and unincorporated community in Marshall County, Oklahoma, United States. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 73440.

                                               

Leonard, Oklahoma

Leonard is a small unincorporated community in the southeast corner of Tulsa County, Oklahoma. It is on Highway 64 at the Tulsa County/Wagoner County line. The town serves the surrounding farming area. It is notable for the presence of the nearby ...

                                               

Parkland, Oklahoma

Parkland is a ghost town in northern Lincoln County, Oklahoma, United States. It is 4 miles south of Agra, Oklahoma. Its name was adopted "to describe the character of the townsite". It still exists as a small community.

                                               

Pine Ridge, Oklahoma

Pine Ridge is an unincorporated community in Hale Township, Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. It is located 6 miles south of Fort Cobb at the junction of County Road 1380 and County Street 2550. During the communitys heyday in the 1940s ther ...

                                               

Pontotoc, Oklahoma

Pontotoc is an unincorporated community in Johnston County, Oklahoma. A post office was established in Pontotoc in 1858. The town was named after Pontotoc County, which was one of the divisions of Chickasaw Nation.

                                               

Reagan, Oklahoma

Reagan is an unincorporated community in Johnston County, Oklahoma. A post office operated in Reagan from 1894 to 1931. The town was named after John Henninger Reagan who was Postmaster General of the Confederate States of America.

                                               

Rose, Oklahoma

Rose is a small unincorporated rural community and census-designated place in southeastern Mayes County, Oklahoma, United States, on Scenic U.S. Highway 412. The community was said to have been named for Rowes Prairie, which is nearby. The post o ...

                                               

Sportsmen Acres Community, Oklahoma

Sportsmen Acres Community is an unincorporated community and former census-designated place in Mayes County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 0 on the 2000 census; its population was not recorded for the 2010 census.

                                               

Stanley, Oklahoma

Stanley is an unincorporated community in northern Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, eight miles southwest of Clayton. A United States Post Office was established at Stanley, Indian Territory on August 20, 1906, and was named for William Eugene Stanle ...

                                               

Township of Ballard, Oklahoma

The Township of Ballard is a township located in Adair County, Oklahoma, approximately 1.5 miles south of the city limits of Watts, Oklahoma, and administered by the Watts city government. The community is locally referred to as Ballard Hill. Nea ...

                                               

Verdigris, Oklahoma

Verdigris is an incorporated town in Rogers County, Oklahoma, United States, in the Tulsa metropolitan area. It straddles former U.S. Highway 66 between Catoosa and Claremore. Verdigris had a population of 3.993 at the 2010 census, an increase of ...

                                               

Whizbang, Oklahoma

Whizbang, officially called Denoya, was an Oklahoma petroleum boom town in the 1920s and 1930s. Located in Osage County 1.5 miles north and 1.5 miles west of the present town of Shidler, The Whizbang area at its peak had a population of 10.000 pe ...

                                               

Winganon, Oklahoma

Winganon is an unincorporated community in Rogers County, Oklahoma, United States, located East of Highway 75 on E 300 Road in Talala OK, known for having a roadside abandoned cement mixer painted to look like a space capsule. The mixer was most ...

                                               

Wolf, Oklahoma

Wolf is an unincorporated community in Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States. The United States Census Bureau does not maintain demographic data for Wolf.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation