Топ-100 ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 126

ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 126



                                               

Wa-Will-Away Park, Indiana

                                               

Waco, Indiana

                                               

Wadena, Indiana

Wadena is an unincorporated community in Union Township, Benton County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Wadesville, Indiana

Wadesville is an unincorporated community in northern Center Township, Posey County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It lies along State Road 66 northeast of the city of Mt. Vernon, the county seat of Posey County. Its elevation is 479 feet. Althou ...

                                               

Wagner Station, Indiana

                                               

Wakeville Village, Indiana

                                               

Walker Park, Indiana

                                               

Walnut Corners, Indiana

                                               

Walnut Grove, Hamilton County, Indiana

Walnut Grove is an unincorporated community in Hamilton County, Indiana, in the United States. The community was likely named for a grove of walnut trees nearby.

                                               

Walnut, Indiana

Walnut was originally called Fredericksburg, and under the latter name was laid out and platted in 1866. When the railroad was built through the settlement in 1868, it was renamed Walnut, after Walnut Township. A post office was established as Wa ...

                                               

Ward, Indiana

                                               

Warrenton, Gibson County, Indiana

Warrenton is an unincorporated community in Johnson Township, Gibson County, Indiana. Warrenton is home to The Log Inn, the oldest restaurant in Indiana.

                                               

Washington Center, Indiana

                                               

Washington Center, Noble County, Indiana

                                               

Waterford Mills, Indiana

A gristmill was built on the east side of the Elkhart River in 1833, and the village that grew around it was called Waterford. A post office called Waterford Mills was established in 1853, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1904.

                                               

Waterford, Indiana

                                               

Wawasee Village, Indiana

                                               

Wawasee, Indiana

                                               

Waycross, Indiana

Waycross is an unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Brown County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is home to the camp and conference center of the Episcopal Diocese of Indianapolis, which opened in 1957.

                                               

Wayne Center, Indiana

                                               

Weaver, Indiana

Weaver is an unincorporated community in Liberty Township, Grant County, Indiana. Weavers first settlers were free people of color who migrated from North Carolina and South Carolina to Grant County in the early 1840s. The neighborhood was origin ...

                                               

Welborn Switch, Indiana

                                               

Wellsboro, Indiana

Wellsboro was laid out in 1875 at the junction of two railroads. It was named for its founders, Charles F. and Theodore H. Wells. Wellsboro originally spelled Wellsborough contained a post office from 1877 until 1955.

                                               

Wellsburg, Indiana

                                               

Wesley, Indiana

This unincorporated town was home to a train station now gone and a church school called Wesley Academy building still there, no school being held any longer. The Wesley Chapel Church building that was built in 1901 is still standing today and wi ...

                                               

West Franklin, Indiana

West Franklin was laid out in 1837. A post office was established at West Franklin in 1837, and remained in operation until 1902. With the construction of the railroad, business activity shifted to nearby Caborn, and the towns population dwindled.

                                               

West New Goshen, Indiana

West New Goshen is an unincorporated community in Fayette Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the Terre Haute Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

West Petersburg, Indiana

                                               

West Point, Indiana

West Point is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Wayne Township, Tippecanoe County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 594 at the 2010 census. The community is part of the Lafayette, Indiana Metropolitan Stat ...

                                               

Westfield, St. Joseph County, Indiana

Westfield is an unincorporated community in Warren Township, St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The community is part of the South Bend–Mishawaka, IN-MI, Metropolitan Statistical Area.

                                               

Westland, Indiana

Westland was never properly laid out or platted as a town. The community received its name from the Westland Friends Church, which was established in the area in 1840. Quakers, who attended the Walnut Ridge Friends Meeting near Carthage in Rush C ...

                                               

Westland, Putnam County, Indiana

                                               

Westview, Indiana

                                               

Westwood, Indiana

                                               

Wheatonville, Indiana

                                               

Wheeling, Gibson County, Indiana

Wheeling is an unincorporated community in Washington Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The community contains a historic covered bridge over the Patoka River, the Wheeling Bridge, completed in 1877.

                                               

Whitcomb Heights, Indiana

Whitcomb Heights is an unincorporated community in Sugar Creek Township, Vigo County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It is officially part of West Terre Haute, Indiana. Whitcomb Heights is part of the Terre Haute metropolitan area.

                                               

White River, Indiana

                                               

White Sulphur Springs, Indiana

An old variant name of the community was called Fidelity. A post office called Fidelity was established in 1871, and remained in operation until it closed in 1884. White sulphur springs were relatively frequent in this area.

                                               

Whiteoak, Indiana

                                               

Whitesville, Indiana

A post office was established at Whitesville in 1852, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1919. Joseph S. White served as an early postmaster.

                                               

Whitfield, Indiana

Whitfield was originally known as Stremler, and under the latter name was founded in 1892. A post office was established at Whitfield in 1892, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1906.

                                               

Wilders, Indiana

                                               

Wildwood, Indiana

                                               

Williams, Adams County, Indiana

Williams was originally named Greenville in the 1870s after the brothers who ran the sawmill, but this was changed as there was already a post office bearing the name of Greenville, Indiana. Garrett Williams therefore proposed the current name.

                                               

Willis, Indiana

The first post office in Willis was called Willis Grove. Established in 1879, the post office was renamed Willis in 1894, and was discontinued in 1907.

                                               

Willisville, Indiana

                                               

Willow Valley, Indiana

A post office was established at Willow Valley in 1828, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1864. The community was named from the growth of willows in their valley.

                                               

Wilmot, Indiana

A sawmill was started at Wilmot in 1848. A post office was established at Wilmot in 1850, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1911.

                                               

Wilson Corner, Indiana

An old variant name of the community was called Wilson. A post office was established under this name in 1883, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1905. The community has the name of a family which kept a store there.

Encyclopedic dictionary

Translation